October Is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – How Will You Join the Cause?
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an annual international health campaign organized by major breast cancer charities every October to increase awareness and raise funds for research, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and ultimately to find a cure. The campaign also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer.
At some point in our lives most of us will be touched by cancer -it may be our own battle or that of someone close to us. The bottom line, we all have a vested interest in this battle. How will you join the cause?
Five Ways You Can Support The Fight Against Breast Cancer
1. Konw the Facts- Educate Yourself and Others
Anyone can be affected by cancer but, the fact remains, the majority of patients never expected to receive a cancer diagnosis until it happened. Arm yourself with the important information on how to prevent and survive breast cancer. Learn the facts and share the facts. Learn More Here.
2. Volunteer: Donate Your Time
3. Start a Fund Raiser: Together We Can End Breast Cancer
Start fundraising to honor a loved one, survivor, and help children and their families who are still battling cancer
When you become a fundraiser, you can create your own account, join or start a team, and get others involved! Start Fundraising
4. Wear PINK and share your #PinkPose.
You can easily help raise awareness for breast cancer by adding a touch of pink to your wardrobe and #PinkPose!
- Take a photo of you or with your friends, family, co-workers, team, etc. while wearing PINK!
- Share the photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Use the hashtag #PinkPose
- Tag 3 friends and ask them to take and share their #PinkPose online
5. Spend wisely – Make Sure Money is Going Where it Can Do the Most Good.
There is no shortage of organizations promoting breast cancer awareness in October. Unfortunately, some companies only see this as a marketing opportunity. Before buying from a retailer that claims to support breast cancer initiatives, be sure to know exactly where the money is going. Shop Pink or Shop Komen today!
For More Information on Breast Cancer Awareness: